No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Gluten free, vegan chocolate cake



(This is a GF variation on a vegan chocolate cake I developed for a family get-together last year.)

Ingredients:
165g Dove's gluten and wheat free self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
200g sugar
80g vegetable oil
250g water

Method:
Measure the dry ingredients, sifting the flour and the cocoa powder, then add the oil and water. Stir, initially with a dessertspoon, and then with a whisk, then pour into a prepared 20cm (8") cake tin.

Bake at 175C for 35-40 minutes.

Or: Use a micro-wave friendly cake form and microwave for 6-7 minutes (800W). Rises better!

Here's the original recipe.


3 comments:

  1. Hi PaulY, Can't wait to see the pictures. I love to try this recipe out.


    Regards,
    Haley McAdams
    Food Manager Certification Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haley

    Thanks for your interest - lovely hearing from someone in Texas!

    I can't find the pic for the GF cake, ATM, but I'll make another one over the weekend and make sure I take a photo (before I eat it!). TBH, it doesn't look a lot different from the wheat ones I make. They're both gorgeous!

    Cheers, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hi PaulY! I would love to see the photos. Cant wait more.
    Food Manager Certification Texas

    ReplyDelete