No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Friday 29 August 2014

ST MARGARET'S HOSPICE FOODIE FESTIVAL 13th September 2014


My email to the Hospice:

Here’s an outline of my proposal for an indoor breadmaking stall at your Foodie Festival on the 13th Sept.

My plan (and I’ve done this before at the Quantock Eco Fair in Nether Stowey) is to bring my 3 ovens, which are about the size of a small microwave, and make bread with whoever comes to the stall. There will be a choice of making fancy bread rolls or shapes, or a small soda bread loaf.

The ‘students’ come to me on arrival at the Festival and make a batch of their choosing, they then wander round for, say, half an hour, and pick up their bread on the way out.

Instead of asking for a small contribution for ingredients, if you agree, I would ask for a donation. Once I’ve covered my costs (most likely under a fiver), the rest will go to the Hospice.

I’ll need a couple of trestle tables in a corner somewhere, for the students, with a table behind for my ovens. I need a power point for each oven – I’ll bring an extension cord. With 3 ovens on the go I can accommodate 6 batches of bread in the ovens at any one time.


I’ll be providing recipes for the students to take away with them – but along with the recipe, if they wish, they’ll be able to take away a small bag containing all they need to make a batch of bread at home. Once again I’ll just be asking for a small donation.

Hope you can accommodate me, Liz, we always have a great deal of fun on these occasions (especially if we can get children involved), and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards, Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment